Thursday, February 4, 2010

Bring It On!!

This weekend here in the Mid-Atlantic region, we are supposed to get pounded with up to 2 feet of snow. And I can't wait. Why? I'm so glad you asked. Today, I drove over an hour and a half to bring home my newest Craig's List baby.

I saw her and knew she had to be mine. I even followed the rules this time, my own rule that I usually break - I had a home for her. The perfect spot in the corner of my sitting room. Oh I can't wait for it to snow, so I can curl up in her with a nice hot cup of tea......or coffee (why does tea sound so much cozier?) and a great book....or magazine (why does book sound so much smarter?). I will peruse my latest home decor issue for inspiration while I enjoy the beautifully falling snow outside the sitting room window.


I don't know about you, but I really don't mind getting that much snow, as long as it's on a weekend and I don't have to try to get around in it! I can just stay home and get caught up on my to-do list. I will share pictures of my backyard during the snow, that is, if I make it out of Walmart alive. Cause, ya know, we don't want to STARVE over the weekend!!! Yeah, I'm one of THOSE people. The kind that makes a mad dash to the supermarket to get the essentials - eggs, milk, bread - for fear that I'll never be able to leave the house again and my poor family might go hungry without french toast! I plan to be at Walmart by 6:30 tomorrow morning. To avoid the crowd. Ha! Stay posted to see how that turns out.

Btw, if you think I'm nuts for driving over an hour and a half for a chair - you are right! But, I met the most adorable couple who sold me the chair and I found a great consignment shop on the way home. Score!
Have a great weekend and stay warm!


**UPDATE**
Silly me, I forgot to tell you, I only paid $30 for that pretty thang! Also wanna give a shout out to my girl Stacy for making the trip with me into PA today - thanks Stace!!!! We certainly have fun on our little jaunts don't we??? Time flies.....

25 comments:

Unknown said...

First, I have to say I forgot the mute wasn't on and your music scared the bejeebers out of me!

Second, that is a fabulous chair! Wished you lived closer. I found exactly what I want in a small dresser for my guest room--but it's about 45 minutes away and I'm wondering if I want to drive that far. Don't you want to go with me? I'm more worried about it being some ruse to lure unsuspecting buyers into a trap where they'll be made into sex slaves. Think I watch too much CSI?

Melinda said...

Hi Kim--
An hour and a half is nothing--sometime wqe drive that long to go eat! I don't think that's too bad for a beautiful chair!

Enjoy the snows.

Melinda

Wendy said...

Kim,
What a great find!! Worth the drive!! We are ready for the snow, too! I agree...bring it on!!
Wendy :)

Unknown said...

Kim, you are not nuts! That chair is wonderful! I've never seen one so neat like that. And you didn't have to recover it!

Nancy

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

I hope you get your snow just so you can cozy up in your new chair! I've been checking Craigslist a lot lately but I'm kind of scared I might have to go to same creeps house to pick something up. I'm glad you've been having such good experiences.

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

BTW: I love your new blog header!!

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Oooooh Kim! I am in love with that chair. I have one similar in the garage and it's waiting for the upholstery lady to give me the go ahead. I can't wait.
I'm with you, just curl up and have a good book to read.

Great buy.

Sissie

Anne Lorys said...

I don't think you're crazy at all for driving all that way to get that gorgeous chair, I would've done the exact same thing!

Great score, and it looks just perfect!

:-)
Anne

Blondie's Journal said...

Kim~~~~~*

That is just the prettiest chair and I would have driven that long to get it, too~~ And $30.00!! Wow!! Another reason to drive there!! It looks so good in your bedroom. Drink your coffee and read your magazines this weekend, rain, sleet, snow or sunshine!!!

xoxo
Janie

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

HIGH FIVE to you girl...You done hit the Motherlode..I would have been doing my Happy Dance for sure..great price also..Now run and get your milk girl...stay warm and toasty Kim...Hugs and smiles to you...Gl♥ria

Carolyn said...

Oh! I love it . Enjoy your snow day sitting in your pretty chair.

Carolyn

Brittany said...

Yep - I'd say that was well worth the drive!! So unique and pretty, and you just can't beat the price :) Enjoy it during your snow day!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

LOVE your Slipper chair!! Just darling and what a score!!! I better check out Craig's list!
Enjoy!
Deb :)

southerninspiration said...

AAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE it!!!She's a beauty!

Suzanne

Caroline said...

Beautiful chair and an awesome price for sure...they practically gave it away!

Caroline said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Glenda/MidSouth said...

Great deal on the chair!!
Hope we don't get any more snow this Winter - this place goes crazy when "they" even mention flurries.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim! Oh, I don't blame you - I would have driven that far for that gorgeous chair! It's so pretty! Good for you and I'm glad you're loving it. I know I would.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Kristens Creations said...

Hi Kim, what a bargain on that pretty little chair! Love it! You are so lucky to get all that snow...I've been watching the news and it sounds like you will get alot. I just love it...I'm like you, I like to just sit and cozy up with some hot chocolate or coffee by the fire. I don't mind being snowed in for a few days...as long as there is power! Thanks for checking out my new items, I'll be making more soon. Kristen

Paula@SweetPea said...

Your new chair is really pretty and was worth the drive. I need to start looking at Craigslist. The snow is coming down here and we are only on the edge of it. You are really going to get pounded!

Crystal said...

Wow, what a great find. I don't think that was too far to drive for such a great find. I am so glad you were able to get your computer back to working.
Thanks for visiting me. Oh by the way, I live in central PA.

Hope you have a cozy weekend.

The Stylish House said...

Kimm,
I love your CL chair! I heard your area is expecting tons of snow, ack! I'm in MI, and it has actually been very mild here this winter. We have only had two significant snowfalls. Kind of weird. Take photos if you can...always fun to see.
Cathy

Terri Smith said...

Fabulous Find! Definitely worth the drive! It's gorgeous!

Hi Kim. My name is Terri Smith. I'm a visual artist out of Bonaire, Ga. Stumbled upon your site tonight and thought I'd introduce myself.

Just started blogging in December and in an effort to try and familiarize the blogging community with my voice and my art, I'm currently offering a "Free Giveaway." A beautiful 12X12 Original Oil On Canvas.

If it's something you think you might be interested in, pop over to Dimples & Dragonflies at: http://www.dimplesdragonflies.com

Hope to see you! Blessings, joy and sunshine from the Peach State, Terri Smith

bj said...

OMGosh, that's the prettiest thang, ever! I love it!!
You did good, girlfriend.

Is it ok if I put your link in with my mention of the snow widget?
I've had 4000 (well...nearly) people wanting to know how I knew this.
hugs, bj
Now...go right ahead and curl up on your new pretty!!

jaz@octoberfarm said...

wow..great grab on that chair. it is SWEET!!! hang on to your new seat cause if you get anywhere near what we got it is unreal! i have never in my life seen this much snow in our area. and i lived in upstate new york for years so i know snow!!!