Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Why I Love January
To some folks, the month of January symbolizes "The Big Letdown". All of the preparations and festivities of the holiday season have come to an abrupt end and all we are left with are stubborn pine needles and extra pounds. The excitement has been replaced with an empty feeling of "what now?".
I, on the other hand, have long considered January to be my favorite month of the year. And I'm guessing that many of you feel the same way. I look forward to January at the end of every year with much anticipation. To me, it symbolizes a time to reflect and relax. In fact, I've come up with a list of reasons why I love January. So here it is, in no particular order.
1. My house is back to normal.
2. My family's schedule is back to normal.
3. No long lines at the stores.
4. No extra traffic on the roads.
5. No lists of things to do.
6. No Back-to-School shopping stress (this may seem a little random, but for me, it's actually when the stress of the upcoming hoopla begins to set it!)
7. No wondering how I'm going to keep my sanity and keep my kids occupied for the entire Summer at the same time (still plenty of time to think about that!)
8. I use my crock pot every single day and there's a nice hot meal for my family every single night.
9. Curling up in front of a fire with a good book is acceptable because there is no ensuing guilt about what I should be doing instead. ie., wrapping, baking, shopping, cleaning, etc.
10. And I've saved the best for last here ladies........More time to blog!!!!!!
So feel free to add on to the list. I'd love to hear what you love about January!