Tuesday, September 28, 2010

On a Whim...

I woke up to a dreary rainy day and couldn't get myself motivated enough to go to the gym.  Instead, I decided to check out the local thrift store for some goodies.  I was very happy with what I found!

I've been looking online for one of these cheese slabs for a very long time.  I think the correct term for these is Antique Ironstone Cheese Slab.  I couldn't find one online/Ebay at all.  But as luck would have it I came across this suitable substitute for only $2!  The only identification on it is Ted Arnold "Letter Perfect".....


It sits on my toaster oven for now until I find a better home for it.


This little Tuscan box was only $3.


I added it to my entertainment center in the Family Room.


This is what was there before:


I like this look better for now.




Some fun on a rainy day.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Love the Tuscan box!!

Darlene said...

The tuscan box looks perfect.

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Love your cheese slab. It is gorgeous. Your box is fantastic too. I love the design on the side and the pretty shape of the top. Gorgeous. Great finds and at wonderful prices. Hugs, Marty