Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My Forever Valentine



No I'm not late for the party, I purposely chose today to recognize my true love.


I was immediately attracted to Rich because of his preppy, clean-cut good looks and gorgeous blue eyes.  But it was his amazing sense of humor and thoughtful nature that made me fall in love with him.  And even though I'm still wildly attracted to my man, it's the unconditional love and generous spirit that continue to draw me close.  


And while the rest of the world took a break from the everyday madness yesterday to enjoy the special someone in their life over dinner and a movie, my Man and I were like two ships passing in the night.  He came home late from work and I went to bed early.

Sound like a couple of unromantics destined to a life of monotony?  To some, maybe.  But rather than save all of our romance for one special day, we prefer to spread the love throughout the year.  So I'm recognizing my Valentine today.  And tomorrow and next week.  Because our love grows deeper every day.  The bliss may have started when we were just two broke college kids with nary a responsibility.  But now, more than 20 years, 3 kids and a thousand responsibilities later we are still blissfully happy.

I love you Rich.  Yesterday, today and forever.

JTOY,
Kim

14 comments:

Jemsmom said...

What a beautiful post!!! It is rare to find someone like that. I know that I am blessed to have found my soul mate too. We are lucky ladies!

Victoria said...

Awwww, that was so sweet! I made my husband a blog post for his Valentine yesterday, he loved it!

Here's to many more years of blissful happiness:)

Blondie's Journal said...

This is SO sweet, Kim! And you are absolutely right...celebrate every day of the year! You make a wonderful couple!

XO,
Jane

Unknown said...

Hey, my Blog Sister!! The similarities continue...my hubby worked night shift last night, so we too were ships passing. But, I have never really bought into Valentine's Day (the advertising and marketing holiday). In fact, we try to go to dinner on February 15th, when we usually have the run of the restaurant. He's truly my best friend and this is such a nice tribute to yours. Bliss! :-)

Teresa@1800 Farmhouse Rd said...

This is soooo very sweet!

Kimberly said...

oh your so sweet! your lucky to have each other.

Love Of Quilts said...

So sweet you had me tear up. He's A Lucky Man.

Melinda said...

Very precious!
I bet he feels ths same way!
You can't go wrong with true love.

Melinda

Debbiedoos said...

You are such the sweetest. I loved this post and what a great picture of the two of you.Enjoy each moment!

Suzanne said...

What a lovely tribute! Happy Valentine's Day every day.

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Sweet!!!!!!!!

xoxo,
Dee

Ricki Treleaven said...

:D Y'all are such a sweet couple! LOVE this post, my dear.

xo,
Ricki Jill

Grandma Linda's Daydreams said...

Oh, You guys are so sweet!
It's so beautiful to see that you are still so much in love!
May God continue to richly bless your marriage and your lives!

plaits and paisley said...

Hi Kim.
Lovley blog, but this post really got to me!. So beautiful.
Penny x