Thursday, July 2, 2009
A Picture-less Post
Well, as you know, my poor little ole camera is at the bottom of Union Lake. And while that's great for the fish, who are busy snapping away pictures of themselves celebrating the Fourth of July, it stinks for me and my blog. So, please try not to give up on me while I save up my pennies to purchase a new one. In the meantime, I thought I'd do a little bragging. Jen, a little Sweetie from A Thrifty Home, gave me a Kreativ Blogger Award. I am positively thrilled and humbled. I now have to tell you 7 things about myself and they are supposed to be interesting.........thinking, thinking, thinking...........
1. I have a tattoo of a turtle on my right ankle. Why a turtle? Well, I decided that if I was gonna go through the process of having permanent ink etched into my skin and the pain that goes along with it, it may as well be something meaningful. When I was a kid, I was bullied alot by some kids at school because I was so tall. My Dad would say, "You're a turtle, and the turtle always wins the race! Turtle Power!!". There's a message in there somewhere, but ever since I've collected turtles.
2. I'm convinced I have OCD. I have never officially been diagnosed, but my friends call me "Rainman". I do the same thing at the same time every day. Just about. I wake up at the same time, I eat the same things, I watch the same TV shows, and I go to bed at the same time. At spin class, I have to use the same bike every time. Any variation and I become irritable. This makes weekends especially interesting.
3. I am a compulsive hand-washer (this goes along with the OCD thing).
4. I use way too much hand lotion (refer to #3).
5. Gotta get home for Wapner (just kidding)
6. I am extremely decisive. Given a choice between two things, I know almost immediately which one to choose. People who take forever to make a decision get on my nerves. Don't get me wrong, there are times when it takes me longer than 5 seconds to make up my mind. In those cases I have a good rule of thumb - always stick to the original plan.
By now you're all thinking I'm an anal-retentive psycho and wondering why you ever thought of me as a "friend", which brings me to #7:
I am on 40 miligrams of Sarafem, or what I like to call, "Mommy's Little Helper".
On a more serious note, I may not be posting, but I'm still reading all of your awesome blogs and being inspired by your wonderful creativity. Thanks for visiting and have a Happy Fourth!!!