Monday, October 15, 2012

ONE CRAZY DAY!!!

Welcome to Lemons Part 2!  Yesterday was our last show at Clover Market.  As you all know tons and tons of work goes into making a show a success.  We had so many amazing pieces of furniture this time and loads of junque!

We were surprisingly organized this time and had the rental truck all loaded up and ready to go by Saturday afternoon.  The next morning we were up at 0'dark thirty and on our way when.the.truck.broke.down...

If you want the lowdown on why this is so ironic, go here.

A quick decision needed to be made - either bag the whole day or make the most of it and get what we could as quickly as we could into our own SUV/minivan/pick-up.  A quick transfer took place in the Wawa parking lot as the sun was starting to come up and we were all dying for coffee at this point.

We were 2 hours late setting up with only about two-thirds of our merchandise, but GOD IS GOOD!
I haven't felt so blessed in a long time.  I thanked God repeatedly for the beautiful day as I drove my MIL's minivan stuffed to capacity with totes.  I thanked Him for His mercy, for His grace, for His mighty presence in the midst of adversity.  I felt such a peace as I crossed the bridge into Philadelphia, knowing that we would be setting up late, in the middle of a crowd of shoppers.  All I could think about was how lucky I am to be doing something I love so much with people that I love.  It's the best feeling in the world.

We made the most of a difficult situation and through it all we had our best show yet.  There is still some issues to be worked out with the rental company and I won't mention who it was, but lets just say, it should be a wash when all is said and done.  I doubt we will be owing them any money for last month's incident.  They did not offer us a new truck, they didn't even offer us a ride home.  They did absolutely nothing to help us.

It's a bittersweet feeling today - knowing that we won't be doing any more shows is kinda sad, but we are so excited to be able to concentrate on our booth at the Barn.  I feel that a huge load has been lifted off of my shoulders and look forward to what God has in store for us next.

I will be sharing some great pix of the show later on this week so be sure to check back.

Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulicious week!
xoxo,
Kim

4 comments:

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Oh my - so sorry about the truck situation and the company's lack of response/help. But glad to hear you had a successful sale.
Hope things start to run a bit smoother for you now. Have a great week.

Kimberly said...

I can't believe that happened after what happened last time. You handled it well. :)

Janet Long said...

Kim you will be dearly missed at Clover. I am amazed that you were able to pull things off given all of the roadblocks in your way. But you did it and did beautifully, too!!! Hope that I'll see you soon - sorry I didn't even get a chance to give you a big hug goodbye (for now) :)

Stacey said...

What a day but you sure have a great attitude. :)