Monday, July 2, 2012

Scenes of Bliss...

This is oldest.


She's a model and in mid-July she'll be spending a week in New York City.

Recently she had an assignment that was close to an IKEA, and having never been to one before I decided to check it out.  We are kindasortanotreally in the market for a new sofa/loveseat combo in the Family Room so I made a beeline to this section of the store.

I found a few that I liked and one that I loved.  So I made a mental note and decided to go back in the Fall once the the girls are back in school and I have more time to look around.

Well as luck would have it, a couple weeks later I found the same sofa on Craig - brand new, never been used, only $150 and better yet, only one town away.


Of course it didn't take long for this family to break it in that's for sure.

It's totally machine washable, but I love that it looks lived in.  That to me is the best part.  I don't care who sits on it or jumps on it, who's eating on it or drinking on it, or if they're wearing shoes - that's just not me.  I don't want people to walk in my home and feel like they have to take off their shoes.  I'd rather they leave feeling as though they were welcome and had a great time.

Yeah, this is nice and pretty.


But this is home.


This is where we live.


Where sippy cups and dinosaurs are on the floor.


And models don't need to wear makeup.



And I don't care if the sofa and loveseat match.

So what does IKEA stand for anyway? Does anybody know?  I asked Hubby and he said I Know Everything Already!

Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulicious Fourth!
xoxo,
Kim

7 comments:

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Never been to an IKEA, as there are none in my area. Like the sofa - looks comfortable. Like your husband's answer. :D
Your family zone looks neater than mine. :D

stephanie said...

Kim, you scored big time!! I've been thinking about that very same sofa. You'll have to let me know how it holds up!

Did you find out why they were selling a brand new sofa? I'm always curious about that. Hope you are well and enjoying your summer!!

Princess Kate said...

Your home looks perfect to me. Enjoy and thanks for sharing.

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Love your new sofa! Here is the answer to your question:

IKEA is an acronym made up of four letters: I K E A. I is for Ingvar, the first name of the founder of IKEA stores. K is for Kamprad, the last name of the founder of IKEA stores. E is for Elmtaryd, the name of the farm where Ingvar Kamprad grew up. A is for Agunnaryd, the name of the village near Kamprad's boyhood home. That's where the name IKEA came from!

Joyce said...

Love that rug on your floor Kim, the sofa looks great. I think your house is beautiful

eleven-o-one said...

According to Acronymfinder.com, IKEA means Ingvar Kamprad Elmtaryd Agunnaryd (Swedish home furnishings retailer; derived from founder's initials and hometown). A second meaning is exactly what your husband said. Love the sofa! I have two in my living room but it's not washable. I have a couple of the cushion covers at the cleaners now (after two years). It has held up very well. Happy 4th of July!
Fran

Melinda said...

I love it. Getting real.
We spend so much time not showing our real spaces when we show pics that it is nice when the real world seeps in.

Great job!

:)