Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Bliss


We enjoyed a lovely Easter this year with the most blissful weather all weekend long.

Our family dyed eggs,

decorated cookies,


and ate lots of good food with both families.  We are fortunate that we live close to my family and Rich's family so that makes for lots of wonderful holidays, but way too much food.

My sweet SIL Robin is such a hospitable and gracious hostess and always makes the most amazing desserts.

Since we usually go to my family's first for dinner at holidays, I try to save enough room for some of her treats.

The girls enjoyed spending time with their cousins from both sides.


 And Rich and I enjoyed teaching a most important Easter lesson to our 3rd grade Sunday School class.
We usually have many more students on Sunday mornings, but this week our church choir performed the Easter Cantata and many of our students chose to see that instead.

As the day winded down,
I spotted this little fellow,
who was enjoying an Easter dinner of his own.

I hope you all enjoyed a wonderful Easter too.  Have a great week!

14 comments:

Debbiedoos said...

Oh Kim what a sweet post, what a nice way to end it with real bunny!~ Your family is so cute, and everything looked like so much fun!~ Thanks for sharing your special day with us:)

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim! Oh, it looks like you had a marvelous Easter! Lovely folks and kiddoes!
Hope you're having a wonderful day today!
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Unknown said...

Sounds (and looks) like you had the most perfect Easter! Thanks for sharing the pics!

Nancy

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

What a lovely Easter and beautiful weather! Love those kids in you Sunday school class...

Aimee said...

Yur kids are so cute. Glad you had a great Easter

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend - thanks for sharing it with us.

Sherri said...

Beautiful outdoor photos. LUURVE the bunny! All the desserts look YUMMY. I made an old fav dessert for Easter that I haven't done in a while. PERFECT for summer bc there is NO cooking involved. A sweet cool treat. I will be sharing on my next post. ;-)

Beth in NC said...

Looks like you had a wonderful Easter! Love the pics!

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Kim, thanks for sharing your lovely Easter photos! Your sweet family all seem to enjoy their time together- the cookies the girls made look so yummy!

Paula@SweetPea said...

Happy Easter! It looks like your family had a wonderful day.

Ann said...

Kim~ your girls look so sweet. :) Looks like everyone had a great Easter in your home. That little bunny is adorable. Have a great week.

Theta Mom said...

Thanks so much for visiting me on my SITS Day! I am finally getting the chance to meet and greet the fabulous ladies who showed some love for me. Hope to see you at Theta Mom again! :)

Terri Smith said...

Ahh Miss Kim, what a lovely Easter posting! Your sweet girls are just precious! So pleased that all your loved ones are able to gather for such a special time of the year. And wasn't the awesome furry-faced visitor at the end of your day just the nicest surprise! Wow! Can't get any better than that!

Thank you for your visit to my place earlier and leaving your most generous remark about my latest work. :) Makes it all worthwhile when wonderful people like yourself say such kind things.

Closing for now..truly enjoyed my visit.

Blessings, Love and Tuesday Sunshine, Terri

Tina said...

Kim it looks like you all had a wonderful Easter weekend! Your girls are just beautiful!! I loved the look of those cookies, and how wonderful that you have so much family nearby, something we don't have at all and it makes me a little sad for our girls. Loved seeing the pics of your girls with their cousins:) Love your little bunny too, how cute is he/her and making an appearance at Easter, very kind of him / her:) Wishing you a lovely week Kim ~ Tina xx