Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Cozy Little Living Room

My Living Room is not at all big.  It actually serves as my office, the place where I blog.  I love to be surrounded by things that I love and this room is filled with some of my most favorite antiques and treasures that I've collected over the years.


To re-upholster or not to re-upholster, that is the question...


So many of you asked about the gallery wall in here.  I actually started it over a year ago and it has kind of evolved since then.  I really think it sets the tone for this whole room.



Believe me, there were many holes in the wall before I got it right.



This piece has had several different looks over the years.  It has a mix of A.S.C.P. in Paris Gray, Chateau Gray and Olive with dark wax and gold rub n' buff.


A few of the paperweights and pipes from my collection.





What's your favorite cozy spot in your home?  Could make for a fun blog party!

Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulicious day!
xoxo,
Kim

Joining Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays

15 comments:

Calypso In The Country said...

It's such an inviting room and I love that gallery wall!
-Shelley

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Kim your living room looks beautiful!! I love love that gallery wall and that beautiful piece of furniture in the the middle!! I would say my living room is my cozy spot too!

Ramblings of a Southern Girl ~ Rhonda G said...

Gorgeous room! Love the beautiful chest with the clock and frames on it!

chateau chic said...

Your living room is beautiful and full of warmth and coziness, Kim! No wonder you like to spend time in there. LOVE your gallery wall with the fabulous tall chest in the middle of it all.
Mary Alice

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Such a lovely room and so many wonderful treasures to look at. Love the gallery wall, perfect. Hugs, Marty

Reunion Committee said...

Love the gallery wall! I love old keys too!!!
I have to get pic of my new gallery wall up. sigh.
~Tana

Love Of Quilts said...

Your living room looks warm and cozy. I too like the way you did your picture wall. What a undertaking that was. I know you had to put a lot of thought into it. Its really nice.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

My sunroom is the spot in our new place, Kim. It is comfortable, the television is in here; I have a side table for a drink when I'm blogging; and it is far enough away from the bedroom so that if I am up early {like this morning} I can put the lamp on and blog without disturbing my husband. In our old house, I used our living room. It was such an underused room that it made sense for me to set up my office in there.

Ann-Marie ~ Brambly said...

I love your gallery wall and I love the plaid chair! My favorite spot in the house is the kitchen nook. I have a wonderful view of the creek and woods- it is so peaceful.

Ann-Marie

Kelly said...

That is such a pretty living room. I love your sofa! I also like the piece that you painted along your gallery wall.

Finding Home said...

I absolutely love that collage wall - so well done! Take care, Laura

Becca Bertotti said...

I've always loved seeing your beautiful living room! Your gallery wall has always been one of my faves, too! Your plaid chair is awesome. Happy Thanksgiving!

Rooms by Ann said...

Your living room is beautiful, I love your gallery wall, not to mention all the treasure you have collected.We all need a space where we can be surrounded by the things we love.

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Such a warm and inviting room. I LOVE your art gallery wall... and I got a giggle out of you saying it took many holes in the wall!!!
Wonderful living space!!!

Love Of Quilts said...

Hope You All Had A Very Happy Thanksgiving.