Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Get Thee To Marshalls!

I'm telling ya - run, don't walk!!

So many of you asked where I got the burlap container in my last post, that I thought I'd share my secret.



It was $7.99 at Marshalls.  I kid you not!


And I went back to a different Marshalls after that post and came home with this wicker basket with leather handles for only $7.99.  It replaces the tray above.



And guess what, there's more!  Lots, lots more.

I also got this little guy for $5.99


It sits on the same table as this new lamp, also from Marshalls.


And this cute little number was just on clearance for $10.


It grew wings and flew into my cart.


And this little tub works perfectly in the kids' bathroom to hold toilet paper.  It was only $9.99!


I should probably mention here that I did NOTHING to any of these pieces - they were already burlapped and stenciled!  Suh-WEET!

Lastly, I picked up this hu-mon-gous beveled mirror for a mere $35.  It's exactly what this room needed to finish the new lighter look.  You can't tell from the pic, but it has a faux wood look to it.


Here is how the mantle looked before with the old mirror:


I like it now so much better.

I also replaced the apothecary jar with some books, and aged the finial using sandpaper and brown wax.


Better, don't ya think?


Now hurry up and get to Marshalls.  Then come back and show me what ya got!!

Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulicious day!
xoxo,
Kim

9 comments:

Tina said...

And in case everyone didn't know....Marshalls aka Home Goods. YAAAAAAY.

I heart getting new things for my house & it's fun watching what others get for theirs. Thanks for sharing lovely lady.

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Very pretty...I could use one of those baskets in my new bathroom too!! You found some wonderful things!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

You been doing some serious shopping and getting some nice deals. I am trying to be good and stay out of stores like that - and it is hard.:D

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Uh-oh, they're on to us, Kim! At those prices, it will be almost silly to make one of these items. It would probably cost more in supplies! You found some great deals and I do love how the finial looks aged up.

Jemsmom said...

Those are some sweet finds!!! I love the burlap things. So cute! I am not buying anything yet until we get into our new house. I have no idea what I am doing in there yet so I am going to save up, but some of those things are awfully cute!!!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Girl you did real good!! That's my kind of shopping trip! Love the new mirror over your fireplace.

An Oasis in the Desert said...

You found some great things. I just might be making a run to Marshalls.....thanks for the tip!
Carol

Grandma Linda's Daydreams said...

Good shopping! You are such a talented decorator! I like your new mirror. The finial looks really good distressed and I like the old books with it.
Hugs,
Linda @ Grandmalay's Daydreams

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Hmmmm. I think I'll be planning a trip to Marshals tomorrow after church!! :0)

Quick reminder about my upcoming annual WEDDING BLOG PARTY on June 8th ~ AND I'm having a great giveaway right now, so come on over and enter!

Hugs,
Stephanie