Friday, December 13, 2013

2013 Christmas Home Tour

Merry Christmas to all of my sweet blog friends.  I won't go into a long story about where I've been. I'm just so glad to be back.  And I couldn't stay away any longer, especially this time of year. So please join me for a tour of my Holiday House!


There's no theme this year.


No color scheme.




Just a simple Christmas.


I didn't spend any money on decorations this year.


I didn't even put out all of my decorations this year.


And ya know what?


I don't miss it.


No pressure this year.


No stress.


Just happy traditions.


Christmas carols on Pandora are free.


The sound of happy children is free. 

Moving a simple little elf around the house and the joy it brings is free.










Drinking hot chocolate with my kiddos while sitting around the table talking about our day isn't free, but it certainly is cheap.


So is burning a candle I got at a yard sale for a buck.


The smell of fresh baked cookies is free.



Seeing my teenager wear her handmade apron from when she was six years-old, while baking cookies together makes me smile.  And it's free.  (Posting that picture on my blog would cost me $20)


Fake poinsettias from ten years ago that still look real are free.


Beautiful white snow on the ground is the perfect backdrop for Christmas.  And it's free.




Rearranging my family room for the last time (New Years Resolution) is free too!


Watching your favorite Christmas specials over and over is totally free and never gets old.



Driving around the neighborhood in your pajamas looking at Christmas lights is free!


Making crafts together, like a simple peppermint wreath is priceless.




Dressing them up for pictures is free.


Seeing the excitement of the season on their faces is the best kind of free there is.


Getting your first college acceptance letter in the mail is oh-so exciting and free! 


Four years of college?  Not so free.  

So there you have it.  It feels good to be back to doing what I love.  This blog will be undergoing some changes in the New Year.  I can't wait to share them with you.  

Merry Christmas to you all.  

Thanks for stopping by and have a merrylicious holiday!
xoxo,
Kim

Joining:



21 comments:

Unknown said...

Kim,
It was great seeing your home. I think it looks lovely all decked out, as it always does. You have such a great eye for decor. I think you put out just the right amount of Christmas deocrations. Everything looks great!

Your little guy sure has grown. He's such a cutie! Congrats to your girl getting accepted to college.

Nancy

Vel Criste said...

Your home is even more lovelier this time of year kim and so many things to celebrate for! I know you and your family will have a lovely Christmas!

Sue said...

Welcome back Kim. Your house looks wonderful ~ I love all of your festive touches, and your touches of plaid {one of my favorite things} I can't believe how big your son is getting ! Hope you have a great Christmas.

Stacey said...

Friends glad to hear from you - free! I love this kind of post. Everything looks so pretty and your kids are precious. Merry Christmas girly. :)

Glenda/MidSouth said...

First - Glad to see you posting again. I think we all have reasons for taking a break at times. Your son is so grown up - so cute!
Enjoyed seeing your pretty and festive decor - and free is good! You did a lot more than I did. Congratulations to your daughter on the acceptance letter.

Marigene said...

Welcome back, Kim...your house is beautiful as always. I love those green lamps in your family room.
Congrats to Mallory...I can't believe how much Cole has grown.
Merry Christmas!

Okio B Designs said...

I'm swooning over your livingroom and dining room! Love, love, love that plaid chair. And what cuties!

Jeanine

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Welcome back Kim I've missed you! Your home looks fabulous as always...love the family rooms new arrangement! Your son is such a cutie and BIG CONGRATS to your daughter...how very exciting!

Calypso In The Country said...

Kim, your home is beautiful and I am so glad to see you back on the blog! More snow is coming to NJ tomorrow! Cheers! - Shelley

http://decoratedchaos.blogspot.com said...

I really like your family room mantel. That peppermint wreath is adorable!

Jemsmom said...

Girlfriend!!!!! It is so good to see you back!!! Your home just look so lovely. I wish you so much happiness this holiday season and the whole year through!

Melinda said...

It is so good to see you again.
Your house looks very festive!
Your little man is as adorable as always. Congratulations to your daughter.

Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

M :)

Courtney@Golden Boys and Me said...

So glad to see you back, Kim! Your home looks amazing!! Congrats to your daughter on her college acceptance (my oldest is just 2 short years behind you on that..yikes!). And the pics of your little guy are absolutely adorable. Merry Christmas!!
~Courtney

An Oasis in the Desert said...

So nice to see you back, Kim! You may describe your Christmas decor as simple, but I think it looks lovely -- cozy and inviting. It's so fun to see your Little Man showing that excitement-filled face of wonder that is so typical of a three year old. We have one of those, too!

Hope you have the Merriest of Merry Christmases!

Cassie Bustamante said...

LOVE that believe mantle- so fun and whimsical!

Stacey said...

very festive! love the touches of plaid throughout!

joyh82 said...

Found you on Melinda's blog. Beautiful house and Christmas decor. New follower :)

Grandma Linda's Daydreams said...

So glad to see you are back! I missed you so much! Christmas eve, in the car, I tried to leave a comment and Christmas greeting using my smartphone, but I see it didn't work! I hope your holidays were wonderful! Your home looks absolutely beautiful and the kids so cute! Your little guy and my Tommy would be great buddies! Best of luck to your daughter, this will be an exciting and eventful year!
Best wishes for a very Happy New Year!

Wendy said...

Kim, your home and children are beautiful. Your kids are growing up so fast....wow...college! Happy New Year.

Grandma Linda's Daydreams said...

Miss you! Hope I get to meet you one day. I only know a couple bloggers who are local. Megan of Overpowered by Funk, and Kathryn Ross of the Writer's Reverie.
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY. Hugs, Linda

Megan said...

Your home is beautiful! You've done such a great job of making a sanctuary for yourself and your family. It's nice that a lot of your decorations can also double as winter decorations.