Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Cottage White

I did some painting recently for a friend and as a thank-you she gave me this cute little table.


I have no before pic, but in it's former life it was brown and now it's white.  Cottage white.
Accessorized with lots of color!!


Fun, fun, fun.


About a week later I found a vintage kitchen cabinet on Craig for a steal.  This time I remembered to take a before picture.  But then a certain teenager decided to borrow my memory card for a school trip and long story short - it's gone baby gone.  So just close your eyes and imagine a dull, brown, boring cabinet.  Now open your eyes!


I painted it white.  Cottage White.  And in between coats I took a lunch break where I got Pinspired to paint the back of the cabinet a different color.










Overall I think these two are a great addition to the family.....room.  Whatdya think?

Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulicious week!
xoxo,
Kim




9 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

What great cottagey looking pieces, Kim! You can't go wrong with a coat of white paint for that cottage look.

Dawn said...

Kim, Both pieces are perfect and I love the cabinet painted vintage green on the back side. Your quilts and flowers look darling on the piece. I am envious you found such a great treasure. Thanks for sharing at the Cain!

Stacey said...

Look at you -- all cottagey and pretty! Love it.

Blondie's Journal said...

I love the whole look of the room, Kim...white with bright pops of color. Very refreshing! You did a wonderful job with the table and cabinet and I love your rug!

XO,
Jane

Unknown said...

They look fabulous in the family room! Love them both. Great job!

B. said...

Very shabby chic and stylish!!

chateau chic said...

Both of these pieces are so cute and add a lot of charm to your family room.
Mary Alice

Love Of Quilts said...

Have a very blessed Easter!

Handbags*and*Pigtails said...

Oh I would LOVE to find a piece like that first little table. I recently saw a desk on a blog that had spindly legs like your table and Ive not been able to get that style out of my head since.
Have a blessed Easter weekend, by the way!
xo