Saturday, April 14, 2012

Auction House Love

I've been getting back into auctions lately after taking a long break, partly because yard sale season is off to an unusually slow start this year.

Last week I won this lovely hand-painted magazine stand.


For now it sits next to the fireplace.


And right now I have an absentee bid on this baby.


I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed real hard.  It's gonna be a long day as I probably won't hear back until tomorrow.

I can just picture it over the fireplace against the newly painted pale yellow walls.  Oh please oh please oh please let me win!!!



On another note, tomorrow is the first show of the season at Clover Market and Denise and I are hoping for a big showing.  It's going to be sunny and 80's.  Perfect weather for shopping and hopefully buying!

I'll be posting pics of our booth next week.

That's all for now.  Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulicious weekend!

xoxo,
Kim

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim! Oh, that's a pretty little magazine stand! Looks perfect by your fireplace. Good luck with your bid on the pretty painting! Hope you have a great weekend.
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Oooh, I hope you have good weather, Kim! I would love to see your booth!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Both nice pies - especially like the magazine stand.
Enjoy your weekend.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Wow, great win on the magazine stand and I hope you get the picture also. Beautiful. I havn't been to an auction in ages. Hugs, Marty

Emily said...

That magazine stand looks right at home by your fireplace! Hope you have a great time at the Clover Market and a good weekend!

Ricki Treleaven said...

The magazine rack is so pretty! I look forward to reading all about the market. :D Lots of luck!!!

xo,
RJ

Prior said...

I have the same pale yellow walls, love...and that mag rack is so sweet. Hope you win the pic and good luck on the sale.
Lezlee