Sunday, May 16, 2010

Saturday Yardsale Treasures!

This weekend yielded another great haul of vintage loot from the yardsale circuit.  We were lucky enough to have a bonus day of yardsaling on Friday.  That meant two days in a row getting up with the roosters at 0' Dark-Thirty!

The first stop on Friday morning was a sale advertised as a vintage lover's dream.  And was it ever!  

I grabbed this vintage Avon Gentlemen's Talc because of it's vibrant color.

A vintage Cribbage game.


This was one of the coolest pieces of vintagey goodness I've ever found.  At first I didn't even know what they were until I opened it up and read the tag.


Hand-Carved Gilt-Tipped Tooth Picks!!!!


HIS & HERS!!!

How hilarious is that!
I could do a post just on this one topic.

A sweet girl figurine.


Love the colors on her.


Gold table-top mirror.


Vintage cigar box.

All of the above pieces will be added to my Etsy store this coming week.

I got this tole planter for $1 and I'm not sure if I can part with it.  I love toleware!  This piece is in perfect condition and I love the floral detail on the front.


Another find I don't think I can part with is this sweet hand-painted wooden plate for hanging.


I saved my favorite find of the weekend for last.  Ironically, I've been looking for this exact chandelier to hang in my hallway.  When I spotted it at a flea market on Saturday, I knew I'd be taking it home.  I was able to talk the seller down from $25 to $15!  All of the parts were in the box and Mr. Bliss was kind enough to hang it for me today.


It's the perfect size for my upstairs hallway, which you see when you walk in the front door.


I need to touch up the paint on the ceiling.


Here she is all lit up.


Omigosh I just love it!

I hate that I have to wait a whole week for more treasure-hunting.  There's always Craig's List!

I'm linking up with the following parties this week.  Please be sure to check them out for more thrifty treasures!

Today's Thrifty Treasures at Southern Hospitality

Thrifty Thursday at Tales From Bloggeritaville

Garage Salen Sunday at Debbiedoos

Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays at Coastal Charm

Twice Owned Tuesday at Creating a House of Grace

20 comments:

Vintage Remixed said...

You found some cool finds this week. Love the chandelier.

Debbiedoos said...

Well so you know you are one of the many girls out here who inspired me to start getting back into thrifting...and yard sales...I had so much fun yesterday!~ You really scored Kim, I am adoring that light, and all lit up, WOW!~ Thanks for joining in my first party, I appreciate it:)

Kimberly said...

I love the table top mirror. I will look for it in your store!!! I love the chandelier!! so beautiful!

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

great finds, i love the mirror!

Michelle said...

Those toothpicks are hilarious! I love all your great finds! Great score on the chandelier! :o)

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

You did get some great finds! The chandelier is wonderful...$15.00 what a deal.

The Tattered Cottage said...

Great finds and I love your new chandy...lucky girl :)
♥ Toni

Glenda/MidSouth said...

You did good.
Have a great week.

Lana Kim White Austin said...

I love the chandelier....but I also love that talc piece and the vintage cigar box...all of your treasures are truly just that, treasures!

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

I love all your great finds, and I think I need to go shopping with you. Just say the word, lol! You have such a great sense of style. Love it.

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

My favorite is the light fixture, too~ fun finds!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

You got some great stuff! I love that talc container. The chandelier is beautiful! What luck finding that for a great price.

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

OMGosh...that chandelier is sooooo PRETTY and I'm lovin' that tole planter!

Blessings,
Linda

Beth said...

Great finds! Love that light fixture and the cigar box!!!
xoxo Beth
http://www.RubysUpcycleDesigns.com

Love Of Quilts said...

WOW! This chandelier is adorable and just 15 dollars...you just really lucked up girl. Trish

Kristen said...

Love the chandy - and 15?? WOW - that is a steal!

Cindy said...

Great finds, I love the tole ware and the chandy! It's a steal at $15! It is so pretty.

Santa's Gift Shoppe and Ideas said...

Hi..I’m Barb….I am from Nifty Thrify Tues.... I am really jealous of your chandelier find!! Where are there yard sales like that?? Not around my house..you lucky person..you!!
I am your newest follower. I hope you will get a chance to visit my blog @ santasgiftshoppe.blogspot.com
& get inspired by something for your family/home. I hope you will follow me as well. Nice to meet ya new friend!!!

Tonya said...

Great finds....I love that chandelier!

happeningswithLana said...

Love the light!!! Just found your blog this a.m. and enjoying looking thru it.