Friday, March 20, 2009

Join the Ultimate Blog Party 2009!!!

Party started today! Come join in the fun. It's a great way to meet other bloggers and there's SO MANY cool prizes to win. You can even pick the ones you want to win in the order you want to win them. This is the way to network if your new to blogging like myself. Just click on the button on my sidebar for more info. Party goes from March 20 - 27th. There is even live entertainment. Check it out - you won't be sorry. There are literally thousands of other bloggers who participate - so go get your party on!!

I'm going to be completely and shamelessly honest here - my one and only goal for joining this party is to garner as many followers as I possibly can so when people read my blog and see how many followers I have they'll say "WOW, this lady must be really interesting!!!"................NOT!!!! JK! I have just enjoyed blogging so much that I can't wait to meet all of the wonderful other bloggers out there and make some new friends!

I am a mom to two beautiful daughters, 13 and 9, and married to my college sweetie for almost 16 years. He is the love of my life and best friend. We have a busy life here in New Jersey where we enjoy spending time with our extended families. Neither hubby or myself flew far from the nest so we have lots of family close by - which I love! Always someone droppin' by.

I enjoy playing Bunco with the neighborhood girls who have become like sisters to me. I'm also somewhat of a "Gym Rat" working out most weekdays. I like to kickbox, spin and weight train to stay in shape. Most times I eat right, but enjoy the occasional splurge, like chocolate - lots and lots of chocolate!!! I am also on a first-name basis with my friends at Dunkin' Donuts, dropping in at least twice a day to get my caffeine fix.

My BFF Denise lives just around the corner and together we enjoy going to yard sales, Goodwill and thrift stores. My passion is decorating my home and just feathering the nest. I am always on the lookout for a great bargain and when I find one, what can I say, I get heart palpitations! Now that my girls are a little older I'm looking to get started on a career as a designer, but taking that first step is a hard one. So right now, I'm at the baby-step phase. I've started by working for a friend of my mother's who is in the process of adding on to her home. So at least I got my foot in the door!

We are a Christian family and hubby and I teach 3rd Grade Sunday School at our church. God is Good!!! While I haven't experienced any major miracles, my life is made up of several mini-miracles that God has used to keep me focused and on His path. There is no doubt He is working on another mini-miracle for me as I write this post!

So, now that you know a little about me, I can't wait to meet some of you and hear about your lives and your families and what life is like for you wherever you come from!

11 comments:

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Hey Kim! I loved reading your post...there are things I found out about you in there. I love getting to know people. People are so interesting to me!
I did my post wrong, well sort of, you mentioned the gifts thing. I went back and read it and you are to list the things you would like to win. I assume that they are going to use that somehow...as well as for promotional purposes for them. I listed mine now. You can see what I mean.

Chat with you soon!

Donna Lynn said...

Hi!
Saw your comment on Glenda's blog and thought I would pop over and meet you! Hope your having better Spring weather now after your snow storm, we had one a week ago Sunday, Sheesh!

Blessings,
Donna Lynn

The Stylish House said...

Kim,
Popped over to say hi. I liked your post, don't forget about my button giveaway. Wow, did I have a heck of a time getting Mr. Linky to work; I am a total link mess, ended up on the Not For Family Area ha, ha!
I see you want to take up design, visit me if you want to talk shop. I am an actual designer degree and all. I also have a certificate for kitchen & bath. Have a good afternoon. Cathy

Free Art Printables said...

Thanks for sharing those wonderful things! We do a lot of Bunco around here , it's a blast! It f you were in my neighborhood, we'd be bunco buds!!! :) jen

Unknown said...

Hey, I'll join your party if you join mine! So nice to meet you!

Sheryl

Unknown said...

Kimm, I'm glad you joined the party! I, too, love it when I get comments, so I understand!

Sheryl

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your blog very much and came by because you left a comment at another blog which we both visit "Roses, Cakes & Pearls" which is my sister :) Your "Dory" award is too cute and I could use one of those, since I fall into that Can't Remember Squat catagory too! Stop by for a visit! Elizabeth.

Kim said...

Thanks so much for stopping by today and for pointing me to the "Flaunt your Red"! I'm going to have to do this!!

Missy said...

It's very nice to meet you. Happy UBP!

Tracy said...

just stopping by from the par-tay!! it's so refreshing to find other christian women in this huge bloggin' world! nice to meet you...stop by and visit me when you get a chance :) eyes to the skies, tracy

PMKU said...

Here comes the prize train....TOOT TOOT!!!! You're a winner, stay tuned! #591